10/19: Project 1 Presentation!
Today is critique day for Project 1. We will be spending most of the day looking and talking about your works!
- Set up time (30min)
- 3D printing demo (if we have time)
Documenting your work is an important part of your creative process. Documentation communicates your ideas to a larger audience through different time, place and context. Documantation is also a tool for reflection of your work and your interests.
- Medium to use for documentation (photography, video, text, audio, html page, theater, research paper, storytelling, book, zine, instructions..... )
- What aspect of your piece that you want to communicate
- Style (description, narrative, theatrical, comercial fictional)
- how and where to share your work
Burrowing Documentation Equipment
Camillie Utterback & Romy Achituv - Text Rain, 1999
electronic harvesting day
Thomas Thwaites: How I build a toaster -- from scratch
- First floor of Digital Print Center next to the computer lab. There are black shelves and blue bins for broken electronics
- Brown Building First floor on the way to Cafe Doris
- Bunting First Floor next to bulletin board
Project 1: Documentation Due October 26st
Upload the following to a folder named "Project 1" in your google drive:
- 2 photos or 1 short video (or other documentation forms) of your work
- One paragraph description of your piece
- arduino sketch .ino file (if you used one)
- drawing or imahes of your circuit
Electronic Harvest day is NEXT WEEK!
- Bring electronics you want to take apart
- Bring drawing materials of your choice
- Bring tools like screw drivers, pliers, hammers... whatever that helps you with the harvest